FutureIceland is a politically unbiased organization with members from all walks of life: pioneers, academics, businessmen, artists and people of all professions contribute to our work. Founding members number almost three thousand.
The following people were elected to the board committee at the Dec 1, 2011 general meeting of FutureIceland:
Andri Snćr Magnason, writer
Birta Bjargardóttir, zoologist and science communicator
Irma Erlingsdóttir, faculty director and lecturer at the University of Iceland
Kristín Vala Ragnarsdóttir, director of the Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences at the University of Iceland
Lárus Vilhjálmsson, executive
María Ellingsen, actress, theater director, writer and teacher
Ómar Ragnarsson, media presenter
Sigríđur Ţorgeirsdóttir, professor of philosophy at the University of Iceland
Ţröstur Sverrisson, environmental historian
Panel of Experts
The function of the FutureIceland panel of experts is to advise the board committee and the organization as a whole on issues specified by the board. The board committee may choose to consult the panel as a whole or specific members of the panel as needed. The members of the panel are specialists in various fields and well informed about current affairs in their respective fields. They serve to keep the board committee, the office and different groups within the organization well informed and up to date, thus functioning as a kind of report network.
- Vigdís Finnbogadóttir, former president of Iceland
- Anna Ágústsdóttir, creative copy writer
- Guđmundur Páll Ólafsson, writer
- Gunnar Hersveinn, philosopher and writer
- Haraldur Sigurđsson, geologist and professor emeritus at the University of Rhode Island
- Haraldur Flosi Tryggvason, lawyer
- Hilmar Veigar Pétursson, executive director of CCP Ltd.
- Hjörtur Bragi Sverrisson, head lawyer at EEA Grants
- Ólafur Páll Jónsson, philosopher and lecturer at the University of Iceland
- Ósk Vilhjálmsdóttir, artist and highland guide
- Reynir Harđarson, founder and creative director of CCP Ltd.
- Rögnvaldur J. Sćmundsson, engineer, senior lecturer and head of the Research Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the University of Reykjavík
- Sigurbjörg Sigurgeirsdóttir, administrator
- Sigurđur Jóhannesson, economist and specialist at the Institute of Economic Studies at the University of Iceland
- Sóley Stefánsdóttir, graphic designer
- Ţóra Ellen Ţórhallsdóttir, botanist and professor at the University of Iceland
- Ţuríđur Einarsdóttir, film producer